For over 70 years Buckeye Donkey Ball has been providing donkey races across America for your entertainment. Donkey races are an action packed hour of family fun. Participants must ride real, live, donkeys from start to finish. Some donkeys are cooperative and some are uncooperative, and that’s where the fun begins.
Most of our donkey race clients are state or county fair boards looking to fill a night of entertainment for their grandstands. However, our program can be modified to fit your entertainment needs. Donkey race season runs from mid-May through September every year.
- All participants/riders (up to ten in each elimination race, up to fifty total).
- Participants must be at least 16 years old. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All participants must turn in a waiver of liability on the day of the show (provided by Buckeye Donkey Ball). If the rider is 16 to 17 a parent or guardian must also sign the waiver.
- All riders must sign in and attend an instructional meeting 45 minutes prior to the advertised stating time. RIDERS MUST BE PRESENT TO RIDE IN THE SHOW.
- It is suggested that all participants wear long pants, not shorts, and closed toe shoes. Outlandish costumes are encouraged and are always a crowd pleaser.
Your choice of riders is very important to a successful show. We suggest selecting your riders from a wide range of people. Popular participants can come from a rotary club, lions club, Kiwanis, fire departments and police departments.
Don’t forget about local disc jockeys, T.V. personalities, and local and state politicians. If a local rivalry exists us that to your advantage.
- One or two responsible people to sign up the riders and keep track of winners of each race.
- One long table and two chairs.
- A public address system with a microphone.
- A suitable area and surface on which to run the races (must be a soft surface like grass, sand, dirt, etc.).
- Ten donkeys and a Buckeye representative who will run the races.
- Race course equipment, including numbered vests for each rider, and set up labor.
- Certificate of award for all participants and trophies for the following qualifiers:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners of the championship race.
- The overall ‘Worst Rider Award’.
- Tickets (if needed).
The evening’s entertainment will consist of six races. Each race will feature up to ten riders racing over a closed course. There are five elimination races with the first two finishers from each race advancing to the sixth and final championship race. You supply popular, well-known, locals to ride in the show. The more well known the participants, the more successful your show will be.
The schedule for the night will be as follows:
Upon booking with us there is a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee due. This is the only up front payment we require. This fee buys Sports Accident insurance for your event and holds your spot on our schedule. This fee is due upon receipt of your contract.
Every donkey race booked is assigned a flat fee. The flat fee varies depending on our schedules and your distance from us. Please contact us for an official price quote.
Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, or money order. We do not accept credit cards. We expect your flat rate payment to be made the evening of your event, unless previous arrangements have been made with our office in advance.